Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Rissa is at the vet's office.....

Mom here. Miss Rissa Roo has pulled out a couple of stitches in her incision and the incision is swollen and infected. She was in my lap last night and I noticed a bead of pus (sorry to be so icky) at the top of the incision.

Since the infection was draining, I figured she could wait until this morning to go in. Rissa was fine during the night, and she was a very cooperative girl and went right into the carrier this morning. I dropped her off at the vet's office on the way to work this morning.

I know she will be fine and she is in good hands. I'm sure I'll be able to pick her up this afternoon. But, unfortunately for her, she will be wearing the "cone of shame" until the incision has healed and the stitches can be removed without her assistance.

6 comments:

  1. umm yeah....no doing self-surgery or stitch removal. the cone of shame is no fun.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purrs to you sweetie nad don't be eating those stitches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clarissa, you should have known better than to play with those stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Rissa, we hope you'll wear the 'cone of shame' with dignity and heal quickly.
    xoxo Kassey

    ReplyDelete
  6. poor Rissa!! I am hoping she doesn't have to wear "The Cone Of Shame" for too long

    ReplyDelete